If you're looking for a great smaller blade, the Baja 3.0 is it
The Baja 3.0 is a great, smaller knife for a multitude of outdoor tasks.
Availability: TOPS Dealers
Find A Dealer
The Baja 3.0 knife is a compilation of simple design and fine execution. The 3.0 inch blade can adequately handle a wide variety of tasks, such as fashioning wooden implements, building fire and shelter, or taking an animal apart. The 1/8" thick, 1095 high carbon steel bites deep and can take a long slice. The simple handle design with its grooved green canvas Micarta scales, enable the user excellent traction in most circumstances.
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
|Blade Steel||1095 RC 56-58|
|Blade Finish||Coyote Tan Coating|
|Handle Material||Green Canvas Micarta|
|Knife Weight||3.0 oz|
|Weight w/ Sheath||5.1 oz|
|Sheath Material||Brown Leather|
|Sheath Clip||Belt Loop|
- still a bad sheath
- TOPs has not improved this sheath.... Great knife, lousy sheath. (Posted on 5/11/2021)
- Nearly Perfect EDC
I can't praise this knife highly enough. Fantastic design allows for a an excellent grip despite the short handle. I wear a large glove, and this knife feels just about perfect in my hand. The texture of the micarta, the machined grooves in the scales and the well-thought out shape of the handle allows for a secure grip every time you pull it out of the sheath.
Speaking of the sheath, my knife came with the newer, dark brown leather sheath. This is an excellent sheath, full-stop. Full-grain leather, double-stitched, full welt and a drain hole. It also comes very well treated for weather resistance. This sheath holds its own against some custom leather sheaths in my collection.
As always, quality control from Tops is... the tops! Grind is consistent and well-executed. The thick and even painted finish on the blade makes it easy to maintain. My one and only complaint is the prominent "Baja 3.0" branding in the middle of the blade. I would prefer it was a bit "classier" as it distracts from an otherwise excellent design. (Posted on 12/28/2020)
- Great knife, bad sheath
- I've been looking for an EDC knife with an approximate 3 inch blade but wider than the average knife. I read up about this Baja 3.0 and the sheath which provided several ways of wearing it, in particular sideways on the belt which is what I was looking for. I ordered the knife and received it promptly and I was completely happy with the knife itself. Unfortunately, after less than two days of wearing the knife and taking it in and out of the sheath probably less than a dozen times, the sheath has become so loose that the knife simply falls out of it making it completely and totally worthless. I've spoken with several others who have told me the same thing, that they have experienced the same issue with some of the leather sheaths from TOPS. I carried the knife for less than a week and now it sits in a box because I don't have a viable sheath to carry it in. (Posted on 1/10/2020)
- My EDC knife
- The Baja 3.0 is my new EDC knife. I decided to switch from a pocket folder to a fix blade. The Baja 3.0 is everything I was looking for in a fixed blade EDC knife. It's small, compact, and most of the time I don't even notice I am carrying it. (Posted on 7/16/2018)
- I've been using this knife for the past two years , I'm currently active duty marine corps . And let me tell you I've used this blade on every field op. And on deployment to it's also my EDC. They only problem I've ever had with it was the sheath it's held up very well the only complaint I have was after a year and half it started to rip where you put your belt through it. But nothing sum super glue and tape didn't fix. (Posted on 10/22/2017)
- Great Knife
- I've carried this knife everyday for the last 3 years. There is nothing I can say but it is the best knife I have ever had for everyday carry. If I lost it today I would order another before the day was over. (Posted on 6/8/2017)