In tribute to the great American pioneers.
When every-day living conditions were the kind we consider in modern times to be a survival situation.
Availability: Available To Order
A tribute to early American Pioneers, when every-day living conditions were the kind we consider in modern times to be a survival situation.
The Overlander is a great tool for beginners that experienced users will love as well. It is a simple, basic design that lends itself to many uses. Yet it’s overbuilt and rugged like all TOPS models. The ergonomics of the handle give you positive purchase and make it comfortable to use while hunting, camping, fishing, hiking, and in tactical situations. It’s size makes it easy to carry, conceal, and use in outdoor and urban environments. Overall, the user-friendly configuration of the knife and sheath make the Overlander a great choice for a knife under 4” long.
The Overlander comes with Black Linen Micarta scales and our Tactical Gray powder coating. It is quite comfortable to use and carry. When TOPS first developed the Overlander many years ago, there were samples sent to a Military SERE training center. The feedback on the knife was overwhelmingly positive, which is why the Overlander is still in use today.
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
|Blade Shape||Hunters Point|
|Blade Steel||1095 RC 56-58|
|Blade Finish||Tactical Gray|
|Handle Material||Black Linen Micarta|
|Knife Weight||6.8 oz|
|Weight w/ Sheath||8.7 oz|
|Sheath Weight||1.9 oz|
|Sheath Material||Black Kydex|
|Sheath Clip||Rotating Spring Steel|
- Handle scales
- I forgot to mention in my previous review the handle scales. Wow. The linen micarta is superb. They feel great in the hand and don't seem like they will lose much grip when wet/bloody. Thanks again TOPS. (Posted on 2/14/2017)
- Very useful/practical blade
- I am happy with my purchase of the Overlander. This knife will replace a dpx as my hunting knife. Very solid blade, 1095 seems to have better heat treat than most I have experience with, dpx, kabar. The sheath is really good, I was surprised by the quality. The steel clip seems flimsy but I think it will last. My only complaint is that the blade should be sharpened all the way back to the finger choil, which is more substantial than required/necessary. This would add 3/8s of an inch to the cutting length of the blade without any real sacrifices. When TOPS takes my advice on this I'll be happy to receive my free sample. Really great knife though. (Posted on 2/14/2017)
- At home in the field or on the river
- The Overlander was my first TOPS knife purchase. I was immediately impressed with the quality, workmanship and design of this serious tool/weapon. As it states in the specs, this is one serious piece of 1095 steel. It is just the right size to fit on a belt or a vest and the blade is long enough to clean a Steelhead or dress an elk and remain as LASER sharp as when you unwrap it. The linen Micarta scales are hand-filling and substantial and allow one to retain the knife even with bloody hands. The knife is equally at home as a weapon. It is well-balanced and very fast to manipulate. As premium knives go, I would confidently take the TOPS Overlander over land, sea or air on whatever and wherever my next adventure might take me! (Posted on 3/1/2016)