Operator 7 Blackout Edition
THE NEXT BIG THING FROM TOPS
Availability: TOPS Dealers
Find A Dealer
The Operator 7 is huge! We went big with thick steel and handles to make a hefty, well-balanced knife that will excel as a workhorse tool. But it also has those classic American fighting knife aesthetics that make it look every bit as good as it will perform. And with the insane popularity of the original, this Blackout Edition was sure to follow.
Made out of 5/16" thick 1075, the differentially heat treated blade will be impact resistant on the edge with a very strong spine. The handles start with Black Canvas Micarta on the bottom sandwiched with Black G10 on top that has a great texture for grip. The entire handle is also over 1" thick once assembled to fill out the user's hand much like an ax or hatchet handle would.
Because it is a tool, it’s got to be useful and it's got to be comfortable. It's made for the men that don't back down. This knife will find its place with door kickers, survivalists, and weekend warriors alike. The rounded handles and hand guard make it a joy to use and the finger choil allows the user to get great precision for finer cuts. The six and a half inches of cutting edge will suffice for the vast majority of cutting tasks, and the weight will help the knife to a lot of the work itself. The included Kydex sheath with rotating spring steel clip makes it easy to carry into whatever territory you find yourself.
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
|Blade Steel||1075 RC 56-58|
|Blade Finish||Black Traction Coating|
|Handle Material||Black Canvas Micarta/Black G10|
|Weight w/ Sheath||24.5|
|Sheath Material||Black Kydex|
|Sheath Clip||Rotating Spring Steel|
- Fav blade
- Best j ife I have ever owned Tops knocked it out the park with this one . I really like the sheath with the spring steel clip it works well and holds secure. This knife can do it all. And also damn she looks good doing it ! (Posted on 7/26/2022)
- Bad ass knife. Horrible sheath!!!!!!!
- The knife is beyond capable. Could not ask for a nicer well made knife. I would take it anywhere but I leave it behind as a safe queen because the sheath sucks!!!!!! I almost passed on the knife because of the sheath. I would never carry this knife with the sheath as I does not attach well to a belt or Molle gear. I am willing to buy another sheath or get one custom made just don’t know where to get one made. Wish they had an option to pay more for a custom leather sheath. (Posted on 6/9/2021)
- Operator 7 Blackout Edition
- This is the best knife I've ever had, or even handled. If you like medium to big, heavy duty, tough knives you will like this. (Posted on 11/6/2019)
- HOLY SHIT
- Well, I now have the big brother to my Outpost Command. Sure, the Op7 is hefty, but this is certainly embodies the One Life, One Knife ideal. This one will be around well after I'm gone. It is also surprisingly deft with being able to choke up using the finger choil for feathering and such. I still wouldn't baton with it for the simple fact that I carry a hatchet for that exact action. But, should it be absolutely necessary? Hell yes, it would baton the living crap out of wood. The detail work and finish on the handle, scales, liners is superb, as usual. The only thing I'd like different is for at least one more option to carry, as in a leather sheath. I know TOPS offers multiple sheaths, but I'd rather have one that would fit the Op7 perfectly. Don't waste time reading anymore reviews. Pull the trigger and buy this knife!! (Posted on 8/5/2019)
- Very nice blade.
- I ordered the blackout edition and had it customized and words cannot explain how amazing this knife is. The fit and finish is perfect, it was well worth the money especially considering every tops knife is hand made and finished. This is an absolutely beautiful blade and the sheath is very rugged and fits well. I am pleased with my order and look forward to collecting more hand made works of art. (Posted on 2/2/2019)
- Worst sheath ever
For a knife named operator 7 this knife deserves a sheath with many attachment options not just one swinging, dangling sheath!!!
I could be much more graphic about this dangling sheath but I won't go there!!! (Posted on 1/12/2019)