Skullcrusher's X-treme Blade
Availability: Available To Order
"Skullcrusher’s Xtreme Blade" (SXB) was designed for the Warrior Survivalist to aid in their survival not only in the wild, but on the battlefield as well. Xtreme Situations require an Xtreme Blade, and the SXB meets that demand and then some! Why play in the wild when you can DOMINATE it!!!
EJ Snyder is an Xtreme Survivalist and Adventurer in real life and as seen on TV. He is also a highly decorated, 25-year Army Combat Vet who served in the 1991 Gulf War and Operation Iraqi Freedom. EJ knows what it takes to survive in a multitude of extreme situations from the wilderness to combat, and he has been tested and proven every time.
EJ wanted to design a modern day blade that honors the spirit of the pioneers of the past but meets the demands of an ever evolving modern world, and a tactical survival tool that is as tough, durable, and dependable as he is; one that every warrior, survivalist, and outdoorsman couldn’t live without. The SXB is the Xtreme Tool for any Xtreme Job!!!
EJ's quest for such a knife started on the Serengeti Plains of Tanzania, Africa while conducting a 21 day Xtreme Survival challenge on "Naked and Afraid". The knife EJ took with him, being the only piece of equipment he had, did not perform well in the field and became non-functional. It is potentially disastrous to be out there and unable to rely on your knife. Upon his return to the U.S., EJ tested many knives, sought out the advice of many top custom knife makers he personally knew, and spent countless hours researching all aspects of the art of knife making. A lot of influences, needs, and rigorous tests went into the thought process and design behind the SXB. His 2 year journey culminated with the creation of his vision by TOPS Knives.
The "Skullcrusher Xtreme Blade" (SXB), for all your Survival and Fighting needs. When you need it most...this BEAST will take you to the Xtreme!!! BAD guys and BAD situations...you've just been put on notice! "THE SXB.....DON'T JUST SURVIVE...DOMINATE!!!"
Tua Sponte Superstes
EJ would like to publically and personally thank the following,
For their unconditional love and support: Amy, Tyler, and Kassidy.
For patience through hours of pestering and their mentorship: Darren Sorrois, Todd Hunt, Abe Elias, Jeff Busby, and Joel Sandifer.
For graphics/design: Christopher Walker
For more info on EJ: www.ejsnyder.com
Follow on Twitter: @ejsnyder333
"LIKE" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EJSkullcrusherSnyder
"Subscribe" on You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/erroljames07
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
|Blade Steel||1095 RC 56-58|
|Blade Finish||Black Traction Coating|
|Handle Material||Black Linen Micarta|
|Handle Style||Rocky Mountain Tread|
|Weight w/ Sheath||34oz|
|Sheath Material||Black Ballistic Nylon|
|Sheath Clip||Molle Backing|
|Designer||EJ “Skullcrusher” Snyder|
- SUPER NICE!
This is my first large knife of any substance and I must say that when I take it out of the sheath, it scares the crap out of me.
Exactly what I was looking for.
Now if I can just master it without chopping off my leg...
Thanks Guys! (Posted on 3/3/2019)
- Too big for realistic use
- Nice well made knife really thick solid construction but very nose heavy, and somewhat awkward to weild. Knife and sheath are so large could barely get it to fit into my largest rucksack. Also very heavy would lag you down bigtime on long range expeditions. Would recommend buying an axe or hatchet instead. (Posted on 2/10/2019)
- So far, I love it.....
- My mom got me one for Christmas... though I haven't had a chance to try it out yet (I've only had it less than a day) I can tell this thing is a beast of a knife. it has good heft, but not so much as to make it unwieldy. Nice and sharp straight from the package. The blade shape gives it both knife and ax characteristics. I'm already in love with this knife...... The only thing that I don't like is the indentation between the blade and guard, to me this is just an area to get caught up on. Next stop, the mountains of Utah, to see what this bad boy can do. (Posted on 12/26/2018)
- They probably won't post this because I thought their knife was terrible. Blade chipped first use. Sheath already falling apart. I don't think anyone who has given a good review has actually used it. For looks, that's it. (Posted on 5/4/2018)
- TOPS GUY & E.J. FAN 4 LIFE!
I have spent as much of my free time outdoors as I could over the last 40+ years. I was a scout when I was a boy and my father was a historian and practitioner of the American Pioneer ways. To add to that, I was a Rambo nut like many other children ages 10 - 15 when the film "First Blood" was released (along with thousands of the $9.95 plastic, mail-order survival knives). I always wanted to re-capture the spirit of that era but with a serious, usable adult tool and not just a prop replica. E.J.s SXB totally fills that bill. With the large size, aggressive good looks (could be talking about me but I'm not) and TOPS exceptional heat treatment, it is my personal belief that If John Rambo was real and currently roaming the wilderness to avoid an evil sheriff, the TOPS KNIVES SXB is exactly what he would be toting with him (suture kit, compass, and matches in the sheath pouch of course).
I love and use this knife constantly and keep it strapped to my daypack at all times. (Posted on 2/3/2018)
- This is by far the best knife in my collection!Liked it in the catalog,but when I opened the box,my jaw dropped.The question was not how much it cost,but was I worthy enough to wield this knife (NO THIS PIECE OF WAR ARTISTRY !) and I will try to do it proud!Having it engraved with my family name,I’m sure it will give generations of my family the same feeling I got when I first held it in my hand!We are of Nordic/Celtic ancestry,and it awoke the Viking warrior in me!!! Thank you Robert ‘Flash’ Stevens (Posted on 12/5/2017)
- Skull Crusher!!
- SXB is my go to big blade and if I could only bring one blade with me for any type of situation it would be hands down the sxb! Great job EJ & Tops!! This is not an oversized tracker! All it shares is a belly sweep and that's it! It's a track of a knife that is very agile and I love the lashing points on the guard! I have paired my sxb with my silent hero and I'm ready for any situation! I must say I have officially become a Tops guy!! SKULL CRUSHER YEAH!!! (Posted on 5/27/2016)
- VERY EXCITED!!
Hello You Guys At TOPS Knives!!
Tonight is a very exciting night for me!! I had been wanting a tracker style knife but being a lover of the bigger, longer knife blades, I just could not find one that matched my liking.
That is, until I saw the SXB Skullcrusher Xtreme tracker knife, with its 9.5", 1/4" thick high carbon steel blade. These specs were just right up my alley. But at the time, and being that the SXB was a brand new model, the prices for one were quite steep, and rightly so.
Therefore I waited and I watched until I saw one being sold for a price on Ebay that I just could Not pass up. And, well, that time came tonight when I saw an Ebay Seller offering a brand new TOPS SXB Skullcrusher Xtreme Tracker knife at an awesome price!! And I bought it.
I happen to own several TOPS Knives Including a brand new TOPS Anaconda Hunters' Point, the one with the 9.5" blade. I also own the Condor Alert Knife and the M4X Punisher knife...Both from TOPS Knives.
Yes guys, I am a True Blue Die-hard fan of TOPS Knives and I plan to buy and own many more in the not-so-distant, very near future!!
(Posted on 5/8/2016)
- My new favorite knife!!!
- Just got back from my first camping trip with my new SXB. This thing is a beast!!! I shredded trees faster than my brother's hatchet. I only needed this and my skinning knife. LOVE IT!!!!! (Posted on 5/2/2016)
- Holy Cow!
EJ Snyder and TOPS hit it out of the park with this one! I just received my knife earlier today, and spent the next two hours sawing, chopping, batoning, slicing and cutting through the pile of Black Walnut in my yard. This thing didn't miss a beat. The notches were clean and even, and with its top heavy end, chops as well as my khukuri.
My go to knife for this kind of work up til now was a Cold Steel Trail Master, with which I was / am very pleased with, but the SXB blows it out of the water for this kind of use.
I typically spend a couple weeks a year by myself in Canada's Quetico canoeing and getting off the grid. With this tool, it just became a whole lot easier. Thanks guys! (Posted on 8/3/2015)