Tom Brown Tracker #1
The one, the only, the Original
Availability: Available To Order
This is it. The original. One of the most unique, recognizable knives sold by TOPS.
Designed by Tom Brown and featured in the movie "The Hunted" as well as the cover of BLADE Magazine. One of the most popular knives we make, the Tom Brown Tracker speaks for itself.
Download The Instruction Booklet Here
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
|Blade Steel||1095 RC 56-58|
|Blade Finish||Black Traction Coating|
|Handle Material||Black Linen Micarta|
|Weight w/ Sheath||26oz|
|Sheath Material||Black Kydex|
|Sheath Clip||Rotating Spring Steel|
|Designer||Tom Brown, Jr.|
- My best knife I've owned
best knife I've ever owned, and I make knives. I've had my Tracker and Tracker Junior for just about 10 years now. I'll never need any other tool. The design is well thought out, the grip is great for chopping and the heavy tip is fantastic for chipping for tinder. The edges are perfect for field dressing game, the scabbard allows you to wear it on the hip or lower back, which is great for hiking. The Tracker Jr is small enough to make a spear, and both knives are evenly balances enough to throw at short distance. The flat edge is acceptable as a hammer and wedge.
Overall I rate this a 9.5 out of 10, my only offering is that the blacking finish tends to rust (over 10 years of hard use though).
Also, they let me send it in to Top Knives and they sharpen it and somehow improve the scabbard every year or two.
Bottom line is, this beats the crap out of a K-bar. Kudos.
(Posted on 8/16/2017)
- I find this knife to be a bit off balance. Too heavy. The forefinger detent could definitely be deeper to prevent loss of grip and add better control. (Posted on 7/2/2016)
- A true beast
- I have owned this knife since around 2003-2004. It is a true beast and followed me through rain, snow, and shine and has never failed to do what I need it to do. The notching works great, it is not a "saw". Splits and shaves wood as needed. If I can use any word to describe it, it would be "tough"! The kydex sheath that came with mine is very protective and secure. Thank you Tops for a great product. (Posted on 2/15/2016)
- Most reliable knife
- I've owned this knife for a few years now, it has yet to fail me. This knife is the perfect knife for any outdoor activity. Honestly could not be happier with this purchase. (Posted on 8/15/2015)
- Excellent Tool for all areas
- This was the first TOPS knife I purchased 10 years ago..My purpose was that I wanted a tool/knife that could cut Barrel Cactus and Mesquite wood down in a cinch...(I was lost in the desert w/o a knife previously)..My expectations were gratified completely..I own various TOPS products, but still grab this Tool when wandering the Mojave Desert..It just feels right and can handle anything thrown upon it.. (Posted on 8/7/2015)
- This is the knife which got me into knife collecting...
Saw this blade in the movie "The Hunted" and was immediately drawn to the design. I was lucky enough to barter some work with a client who had one and had many adventures with it over the years. (I got it back in 2007.) It handled pretty much everything I could throw at it and eventually I gifted it to my Nephew who is a "True" bushcrafter and hunter. He loves it and was thrilled when I gave it to him three years ago. He's been using it ever since. The blade is solid and handles serious abuse. I haven't been able to get my hands on it since gifting it and starting my Angry Jackalope Show [So no, I haven't taken it to any frozen pig heads].
I have no doubt though that it'd do very well in my testing. I do know that in the past I used it to process wood. I did some prying of wooden planks and I did take apart a drywall... I also used the sawback to do some notching on wood.
- Angry Jackalope (Posted on 6/30/2015)